Thursday 14 June 2012

sonam kapoor fat







“I was depressed when I went to boarding school at the age of 15. I was the only Indian girl in my school in Singapore. There was plenty of junk food and mum had stopped all chocolates at home. Here, I was free and ate; though it was comfort eating and I also gained weight due to hormonal imbalances. I went from 50 kilos to 90 kilos in jus 4 months. I gained 40 kilos. I used to eat 1-pint ice cream, two large pizzas alone and instead of three meals would have 10 meals a day. My mum started crying seeing me.”



Sonam says,
“When Sanjay Leela Bhansali saw me, he said that I look like a painting from Ajanta. Don’t lose weight, you have those curves.”


In all fairness, it was my mother who helped me get rid of my excess weight. The first thing she did was to keep me off the stuff I was so fond of chocolates, ice creams, fried foods and sweets. My goal was to lose 35 kilos. I started weight training with trainers Shervir and Monisha; artistic yoga and Power Yoga with Bharat Thakur; Pilates with Yasmin Karachiwala and general fitness with trainer Zarine Watson. My training in Kathak helped me too. It’s a vigorous form of classical dance and helps you get a toned body. In addition, Zarine put me on six small meals a day that are low on carbs and high on protein. My breakfast consisted of oatmeal and fruits. Post-workout, I had brown bread with egg whites. Afterwards, it was a protein shake with juice. Lunch comprised dal, sabzi, one ragi roti, salad and a piece of chicken or fish. The evening snack was high-fibre crackers with chicken cold cuts or egg whites. At dinner, it was soup, salad and a piece of chicken or fish. Ifollowed this routine for a year and lost 35 kilos in all!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment